America is Home Initiative
ABOUT AMERICA IS HOME
The Cities for Citizenship (C4C) “America is Home” Initiative is a four-year, $5 million challenge grant program to help municipalities and community partners encourage U.S. citizenship among eligible immigrants and increase naturalization application rates. Our nation has always been a home to those seeking freedom, opportunity, and refuge from persecution. These new Americans have pursued their American Dreams; helped to build our nation; and continue to contribute with their hard work. When immigrants naturalize they have made an affirmative decision to study English, U.S. history and government, and swear allegiance to our Constitution. Naturalized citizens have higher income, generate more taxes, connect with their neighbors more easily, and assume their full rights and responsibilities in this country, to proudly say “America is Home”.
The C4C “America is Home” Initiative will:
- Provide two-year challenge grants of $25,000 and $40,000 annually
- Encourage partnerships of Mayors and Municipalities with community-based organizations (and / or labor organizations)
- Encourage local funding to match the challenge grants, and long-term sustainability
- Build the “learning community” of Cities for Citizenship (C4C)
- Provide scholarships to grantees to attend the a C4C Municipal Gathering at NPNA’s National Immigrant Integration Conference (NIIC) in December 2018
- Increase citizenship outreach and application rates among immigrant lawful permanent residents (LPR’s), including AAPI communities
- Develop effective naturalization outreach and communications plans
- Have three rounds of grant-making, with two-year grants awarded in 2018, 2019, and 2020. If an application is not funded in 2018, the partners will be invited to re-apply in 2019.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Applicants should be a community-based organization with 501(c)(3) status, a labor organization, or a Mayor’s office. Cities that participate MUST BE current members of Cities for Citizenship (C4C), OR new municipalities that are committed to join C4C in 2018. To join C4C, please fill out this form HERE.
- JOIN the America is Home Request for Proposals (RFP) Webinar on Thursday, June 14th at 2:00 PM EST. Register for the webinar HERE.
- COMPLETE the America is Home RFP in partnership with a city or community based organization. Only one proposal needs to be submitted on behalf of the city/CBO partnership. Download the America is Home RFP HERE.
- SUBMIT the completed America is Home RFP HERE by Thursday, July 12th at 5 PM EST.
About Cities for Citizenship (C4C) Initiative
NPNA is a co-founder of the Cities for Citizenship (C4C) initiative, a major national initiative aimed at increasing citizenship among eligible U.S. permanent residents and encouraging cities across the country to invest in citizenship programs. C4C is a growing network of currently 42 cities and counties that is chaired by New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, and Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, with coordination run by the National Partnership for New Americans and the Center for Popular Democracy. Citi Community Development is the founding corporate partner who first invested in C4C in 2014.